WHAT is PRODUCTIVITY OLYMPICS?
It is a national competition of best productivity practices of micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) nationwide.
WHO are its ORGANIZERS?
This is organized by the National Wages and Productivity Commission of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE-NWPC) in coordination with all its Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Boards (RTWPBs).
WHAT are its OBJECTIVES?
- Intensify national awareness and commitment to quality and productivity; and
- Showcase of best productivity improvement practices.
WHO may JOIN?
ALL MSMEs who are:
- Duly registered with the appropriate government agencies e.g. DTI, SEC, CDA, LGU;
- Must have a productivity program, existing for at least 2 years, preferably under the ISTIV program; and
- Never been a recipient of the Productivity Olympics award at the national level.
WHAT are the AWARD CATEGORIES?
Best Productivity Improvement Practices
MICRO SMALL MEDIUM Agribusiness Agribusiness Agribusiness Service Service Service Industry Industry Industry
WHAT are the CRITERIA?
I. Best in BUSINESS EXCELLENCE 50%
- Total Productivity
- Expansion and Growth
II. Best in RESOURCE MANAGEMENT 50%
- System, Technology and Green
T O T A L 100%
WHAT are the MECHANICS?
- Interested MSMEs shall fill out and submit the nomination form, not later than July 31, 2011 to the RTWPB having jurisdiction over the place where the applicant is located.
- The Regional Screening Committee (RSC) (composed of the RTWPB and an external quality and productivity champion in the region) shall review all MSME applicants according to the prescribed criteria. The RSC shall select the regional nominees from whom the National Screening Committees (NSC) shall select the list of national finalists for submission to the National Judging Panel (NJP).
- The NJP (tripartite in composition and headed by the DOLE Secretary) shall select the national winners. Awarding shall be in October, in celebration of the National Quality and Productivity Month.
WHAT AWARDS and incentives await the winners?
- Productivity Olympics 2015 trophy and certificate
- Cash Award
- Use of Productivity Olympics 2011 Award logo for publicity purposes for three (3) years, 2011 - 2013
- Priority endorsement to other training programs and services of the NWPC/RTWPBs and other DOLE agencies
For details, please contact the appropriate RTWPB: