Consistent with the policy objectives of Republic Act No. 6727 and Republic Act No. 6971 to promote productivity improvement and gainsharing scheme at the national, industry, and firm levels, the National Wages and Productivity Commission biennially holds the Productivity Olympics as an advocacy strategy to heighten national consciousness and commitment to quality and productivity, and showcase best designed and successfully implemented productivity improvement programs and practices.
Launched in 2008, the Productivity Olympics is a national competition of the productivity programs and practices of micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the agribusiness, service, and industry sectors.
This year, considering the economic impact of the pandemic, the 2021 Productivity Olympics, with the theme “Bounce Back Better”, will adopt new criteria and will be open to all MSMEs, including previous nominees and winners.
The awarding ceremony will be on October 2021, in time for the Productivity and Quality Month.
What is a Productivity Olympics?
- It is a national competition of best productivity practices of micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) nationwide.
Who are its organizers?
- This is organized by the National Wages and Productivity Commission of the in coordination with the 16 Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Boards.
?What are its objectives?
- Be resilient and continue operations amid disruption
- Foster employee commitment to their work and overall organizational goals (employee engagement)
- Preserve employment
- Expand employment
Who may join?
Interested MSMEs shall be duly registered with appropriate government agencies (e.g. DTI, SEC, CDA); must have been in operation for at least the last six months in 2020; compliant to labor and occupational safety and health standards; and compliant with safety and health protocols to prevent COVID-19 infection and transmission.
What are the criteria?
The National Screening Committee and National Judging Panel shall screen nominees based on the following criteria:
|I. Business Continuity||50%|
|II. Employee Engagement||30%|
|III. Employment Preservation||10%|
|IV. Employment Expansion||10%|
|T O T A L||100%|
What are the award categories?
One winner will be declared in each of the following categories according to the following employment and sector groupings:
How to join?
- Interested MSMEs shall fill out and submit the nomination form,?not later than 30 June 2021 to the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Boards having jurisdiction over the place where the applicant is located.
- The Regional Screening Committee composed of members of the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Boards and an external quality and productivity expert shall review all applications according to the prescribed?criteria. It will then select the regional winners to be indorsed to the National Screening Committee.
- The National Judging Panel?shall select the national winners. ?
What are the awards and incentives for the winners?
- Productivity Olympics 2021 trophy
- Cash Award of PhP 150,000
- Priority endorsement to other training programs and services of the NWPC/RTWPBs and other DOLE agencies
For details, please contact the appropriate RTWPB:
|NCR||2nd/F DY International Bldg. San Marcelino cor. Gen. Malvar Sts. Malate, Manila
Tel No.: 8-527-5155
Email Address: email@example.com
|CAR||3rd Floor DOLE Bldg., # 1 Cabinet Hill, Baguio City 2600
Tel. No.: (074) 3003452 Telefax: (074) 4243416
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|I||Rm 202-203, Juanita Commercial Building, Quezon Avenue, San Fernando City, La Union
Tel. (072) 619-7549 Mobile No. (0917) 683-7634
Email Address: email@example.com
|II||3/F Andrew’s Bldg., corner Luna & Blumentritt Sts., Centro 07, Tuguegarao City 3500
Tel. No.: (078) 8440956 Telefax: (078) 8441553
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|III||2nd Floor Kingspire Business Center, Km 71 McArthur Highway, Brgy San Isidro, City of San Fernando, Pampanga
Tel./Fax (045) 649 1048, 0905-706-9146, 0918-253-7930
Email Address: email@example.com
|IV-A||3rd Flr. Milan Prestige Bldg. National Highway,Brgy. Halang Calamba City, Laguna
Telefax: (049) 5455511; (049) 8344030
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|IV-B||007 Aboboto St., San Vicente East, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
Tel. No.: (043) 288-6325 | Globe: (043) 441 0733
Email Address: email@example.com
|V||ANST Bldg., Washington Drive, Legaspi City
Tel. No.: (052) 742-4172
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|VI||Rm. 30, 3/F Doña Maria Bldg. La Castilla, cor. EL 98 Sts., Jaro, Iloilo City
Telefax: (033) 320-5864/329-0880
Email Address: email@example.com
|VII||6/F DOLE VII Bldg., Gorordo Avenue, Kamputhaw, Cebu City, 6000
Tel./Fax No.: (032) 2668068/4129072
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|VIII||DOLE Compound., Trece Martires St., Tacloban City, Leyte, 6500
Tel. No.: (053)832-2978; Mobile Number: 0920-879-0314; 0995-149-4680
Email Address: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
|IX||Compartment 2-F, H.C. Marketing Bldg., Gov. Camins Avenue, Zamboanga City
Tel. No.: (062) 991-2672
Email Address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
|X||2nd Floor, Trinidad Building, Corrales Avenue-Yacapin St., Brgy. 29, Cagayan de Oro City
Tel. No.: (088)856-4517 | Mobile No.: (+63)995-238-6304
Email Address: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
|XI||2nd Floor R & T Yap Building corner Bangoy and Monteverde Streets, Davao City
Tel. No.: (082) 2224652 Telefax: (082) 2242027
Email Address: email@example.com
|XII||#102 ACEPAL Bldg., Mabini Ext., Koronadal City, South Cotobato 9506
Tel. No.: (083) 520-0129
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|CARAGA||Nimfa Tiu Bldg. No.4 J.P. Rosales Ave. Butuan City, Agusan del Norte
Tel. No.: (085) 817-2038 Tel/Fax. No.: (085) 815-6405 CP #: 0951-2632-877
Email Address: email@example.com